Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest

Creating a Change for the Well-Being of Women

By: Angie Tebbe, CEO and co-founder of Rae Wellness

“As I have listened to and learned from so many women throughout the years, it has become clear to me that women need an advocate, and there is a giant opportunity to deliver a brand and company that advocates for all women and thinks holistically about both mind and body together.”

Women are gamechangers. And the one thing we generally have in common due to our busy lifestyle is the lack of putting ourselves first and taking care of ourselves as well as we should. But that is starting to change. It has been a fascinating journey to see how health and well-being has become a large focus of daily life; I am thrilled to see that in the last few years, women have started to really put themselves on the priority list. And just a few years ago, I was one of those women that was putting work, mypartner, two toddlers, and everything else ahead of my own well-being.

That is exactly why I left my 15-year corporate career to begin my own personal and professional
wellness journey—to start a company that stands for well-being for all. And in doing so, I never could have predicted that in the last year or so, women would need to take care of their minds and bodies more than ever. As I have listened to and learned from so many women throughout the years, it has become clear to me that women need an advocate, and there is a giant opportunity to deliver a brand and company that advocates for all women and thinks holistically about both mind and body together.

Becoming an advocate for something takes true understanding—of both issues and solutions. As I started Rae Wellness, we fought against the notion that true well-being resides with the 1% of the population that has more time and money than the other 99%. Additionally, at Rae, we know that wellness outcomes are heavily influenced by the identities people hold and how they intersect. These two philosophies led us to create a truly attainable brand with affordable products—because we are proving that taking care of your mind and body doesn’t have to be a full-time job, it doesn’t have to be expensive, and it truly should be for everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or zip code (just to name a few).

Being a true advocate for your community also requires taking responsibility and standing in solidarity. As we continue to support conversations with more than one million customers we’ve gained trust with, we are learning that they need encouragement in several ways aside from supplements. Our community is talking to one another about stigmatized categories, such as sex, stress, and more. They lean on our blog, our mission, and one another for support on how to further their own well-being in easy, day-to-day bite sized steps. We see this conversation as a tremendous responsibility to push harder on what women need and constantly push ourselves to deliver more.

As we started Rae, we also wanted to advocate for the next generation of women, because if we do better and work harder now, girls will have a better opportunity to show up with a broader toolkit than many of us women today. This is why we partnered with Girls Inc, a nonprofit that helps girls become strong, smart, and bold; we have a deep-rooted relationship that goes beyond giving 5% of our revenue every day. We spend time understanding the conversations that need to be had and lend support to them that’s beyond financial.

As I’ve continued my own journey of wellness and advocacy, I’ve learned that I am not alone, and we need to be advocates for one another, every day. Because we are all just doing the best we can, and our mind and body is everything to ensuring we can show up for ourselves, each other, and everyone around us. At Rae, we hope that we can help more women stand beside one another and shine from inside.

Share This Post!
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
More To Explore

We are only
accepting 40
families!

For a limited time only

Bypass the waitlist and get
access to our application now!

Want to learn more?
Visit www.bumowork.com

New Report

Close